Hi, I’m Chris and I use our in house rewards and recognition program when I want to applaud my team. Sometimes, it’s hard to get the process moving, so I started some things of my own. Unfortunately … they didn’t’ turn out too great. Through trial and error (and yes, ‘trial’ means I’ve actually done this), here is my top 5 list of ways to not recognize your sales team.
How NOT To Recognize and Reward Your Sales Team:
- Provide a reward that isn’t meaningful to them.
- Choosing a reward out of a paper catalog and it is taking too long to arrive ensuring that your employee won’t remember why they received it .
- Give a group recognition for everyone’s individual accomplishments.
- Type a generic congratulatory sentence, print it, and leave it on everyone’s desk when they hit goals.
- Not providing recognition, when they do the activities most important to your company’s success.
What are some ways you’ve tried to recognize your employees that has NOT worked?